Week 18 walking progress:
- Total for week 18 = 46 miles
- Average per day for this week (46 / 7) = 6.58
- Running total = 571 + 46 = 617 miles
- Miles left to walk in 2018 (1050 – 617) = 433
Another good effort for week 18 with much of this being completed by trudging about in London, to and from train stations rather than getting the tube! Sunday of this week was unseasonably hot in England and I walked 11 miles in 28 degrees with one of my local walking groups!
Week 19 walking progress:
- Total for week 19 = 40 miles
- Average per day for this week (40 / 7) = 5.71
- Running total = 617 + 40 = 657 miles
- Miles left to walk in 2018 (1050 – 657) = 393
I had a week off work and crammed two trips in… the first part of the week was spent on a short solo break to Montenegro where I went for several walks around Kotor, Tivat and Budva. While in Kotor I climbed the 1350 steps to the San Giovanni castle which gives you spectacular views of the Kotor and its majestic fjord.
In contrast the second part of my week was spent in Lulworth Cove, Dorset where I had a brilliant weekend as part of a large group of friends. We did an energetic 9 mile hike along the gorgeous Jurassic coastline (past Durdle Door) on Saturday and a 5 mile hike past Lulworth Cove on Sunday. Both hikes were strenuous with steep ascents and descents along the wild and dramatic cliffs.
I’m also quite chuffed that I now have under 400 miles to achieve my target of 1050 miles walked in 2018… go me!!